Our Response to COVID-19
Organisations are looking at how to keep their employees or members at work or sport as safely as possible. With this in mind, we are working with companies and sporting organisations to help support them keep their people as safe as possible while trying to get back to some form of normality.
We began providing private COVID PCR testing to corporate clients and sporting organisations in May 2020. We have since provided a suite of reliable and easily deployed diagnostic and blood tests to confirm the presence of COVID-19 in individuals.
Three Types of COVID Test available from AMS
Diagnostic COVID PCR Test
This identifies there is an active COVID-19 infection in the sample provided. The test includes molecular RT-PCR (swab) which detects the virus genetic material. Samples are sent to an approved laboratory for analysis. This is the most widely accepted test for travel purposes. Click here for more information above our COVID-19 PCR testing
Rapid Covid-19 Antigen Test
This is a nasal swab test performed by a healthcare professional. The sample provided is analysed onsite and a result is available to the participant within 30 minutes. Click here for more information above our COVID-19 PCR testing.
COVID Antibody Test
This test checks for the presence of antibodies created by the immune system in response to infection with a virus such as COVID-19. Antibodies fight infections and can take up to several weeks to develop post-infection. Therefore, antibody tests are not recommended for diagnosing an active COVID-19 infection. Research is ongoing to see if antibodies provide immunity to future coronavirus infections in a person.
This is a blood test (venous sample) which is sent to an approved laboratory for analysis. Blood samples are taken by a nurse. AMS can also send COVID Antibody home self testing kits, click here for more information about our COVID-19 home based testing service.
AMS Onsite Testing Process
What are the benefits of getting tested for COVID-19?
- COVID-19 is highly infectious; therefore, it is beneficial to know if you have or have not been infected with the virus and it is very useful to know if you have COVID-19 or not.
- By having this test, it will help protect you, your family, colleagues & members of the public.
- RT-PCR is the gold standard test in detecting the presence of the COVID-19 virus.
- The antibody test will show if you have had COVID-19 or not in the past. This may protect you from being re-infected. However, research is ongoing so caution is advised about the level of protection at present.
- A significant number of people can be infected with the virus but be asymptomatic. Many individuals are asymptomatic so there is not always a tell-tale sign of a positive COVID-19 individual.
- Science-backed testing is the only way to know for sure.
What is the right test for me or my organisation?
The answer to this question depends on your circumstances and what you are looking to get from COVID testing.
We have worked with clients to provide a range of testing programmes to allow them to protect themselves, their staff and their organisations in a way that minimizes disruption.
Contact us to get more information.
What our clients say
“AMS played a major part in getting our players back training and playing during the COVID-19 pandemic. They performed Coronavirus PCR testing at our training facility at times that worked for us. I want to thank AMS for providing an efficient, friendly and professional service to Connacht Rugby”
Fergal Dempsey – Operations Manager – Connacht Rugby