Advanced Medical Services (AMS), based in Ireland is the leading provider of onsite Medical, Health and Wellness services. We work across multiple sectors, both public and private, including corporate, schools, sporting organisations & SME’s. We are dedicated to providing gold standard services that focusing on prevention & helping people live healthier lives. To date over 650,000 people have availed of one of AMS’s services. We use state of the art technology combining a dynamic delivery and back-office team, with a leading group of medical professionals who are focused on proactive and preventative medicine.
AMS is a rapidly growing company, and we are looking for dynamic, agile, self-starters who enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic business working both internally and externally, sourcing and scheduling medical staff ensuring a first-class delivery of different types of health & wellness clinics.
We are looking for a Full-Time Clinic Recruitment and Scheduling Manager
Monday – Friday (with some weekend work)
Exceptional organisational skills and business acumen are key components of this position. If you excel in a fast-paced environment and are experienced in dealing with recruitment and scheduling, then this will be a great opportunity for you.
This role will lead the recruitment and scheduling of medical staff including doctors, nurses, and cardiac physiologists to work at our clinics which run daily nationally. Tasks/Responsibilities would include:
- Source, interview and recruit suitably qualified medical professionals including doctors; nurses and physiologists to work on a permanent / temporary basis across our various health screening clinics.
- Gather and validate all relevant paperwork (include; garda vetting; references; qualification etc).
- On-board all staff ahead of all scheduled clinics.
- Build ongoing pipeline of talent to maintain continuity of business requirements.
- Continually review and revise all documentation requirements to ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Work with Sales, Account Management and Clinic Management teams to understand business requirements.
- Identify and secure staff to fulfil business requirements and build weekly / monthly / quarterly schedules.
- Understand capacity, and continually drive improvements to drive productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness in the schedules.
- Manage scheduling for key accounts and specific hospital roles, liasing directly with customers regarding fulfilment of needs.
- Rapidly respond to changing requirements / schedule changes in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Identify specific competencies and equipment required for each clinic and schedule appropriately
- Satisfying business requirements via availability of medical staff.
- Scheduling per budget
- Medical Staff Retention
- Pipeline of medical staff
- Level of Complaints
- Adequate documentation in place
- No cancelled / delayed clinics due to availability issues.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage busy periods.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong administrative skills. Attention to detail is very important.
- People management and leadership skills.
- IT Literate (MS word, excel, PowerPoint).
Job Type: Full-time